Hire a Professional Licensed Real Estate Agent
A properly licensed, qualified, competent, ethical and experienced real estate broker / agent will help you navigate the myriad of decisions that arise when buying and selling a home. A professional real estate agent provides significant value to the homeowner in many important ways:
- Your agent pays for all marketing and advertising costs for sellers, and brings a team of experienced marketing resources to the deal.
- They add personal and professional experience and expertise in all aspects of the sales process including marketing, financing, negotiations and more.
- They handles all showings, freeing the seller to do other things, and protecting their privacy and security.
- They bring a network of other known, trusted real estate professionals on their team. If your agent doesn’t have the answer, he or she likely knows someone who does.
- They always has your best interests in mind, so you always have someone on your side.
- They can handle and advise you on all pricing and contract negotiations.
- They provide you with information about all of the possible options and opportunities, without holding back.
- They give you an unbiased, realistic view of your home and your options. Unlike buyers and sellers, your agent has no emotional attachment to the property. It’s only business!
- An experienced agent has the knowledge to help you ask the right questions, and can refer you to the appropriate information and resources for answers.
- Potential buyers and their agents are more likely to tell your agent the truth about how they liked your home, even if it is unflattering. This ability to get objective viewpoints from showing feedback helps you make the necessary changes to get your home sold.
- Your time is valuable. A professional real estate agent allows you to spend more of your time the way you want, instead of being concerned about every detail of the home sale and transaction management process.