Denver Area Investor / 1031 Exchange Home Searches
No Registration Required for These Quick Home Searches!
Select and click any of the special investor / 1031 exchange property searches in the list below, or call us for a discussion of personal real estate investment needs and preferences.
If you need to specify more criteria for your investment property home search than the quick search pages use, and you are not working with another Denver area real estate agent, you may Sign up for our Advanced Home Search.
Investor / 1031 Exchange Quick Search Criteria
For the special quick searches below, the search criteria is as follows:
- School District as specified in the search description
- Property type as specified in the search description
- List price $200,000 or under
- Minimum 2 beds, 2 baths
- Not a Short Sale
To change the maximum price:
- Click on one of the quick searches below to execute that search.
- In your browser’s url/address area, locate: &price=200000
- Change the 200000 number to your desired maximum price.
- Press “Enter” to execute the search with the new price range.
About Short Sales and 1031 Exchanges
The exchanger in a 1031 exchange has 45 days from the sale of the relinquished property to identify the potential replacement properties and 180 days to acquire one or more of the properties that have been identified. An exchanger typically begins looking for the potential replacement properties prior to selling the relinquished property, but generally does not sign a contract until after the closing of the relinquished property. An exchanger who desires to acquire a replacement property in a 1031 exchange through a short sale must factor in the time generally required to successfully maneuver through the short sale process. Most of the mortgage holders take weeks, if not months, to approve a particular short sale.
Since short sale sellers do not ever have any positive net proceeds from the sale, it is impossible for them to offer owner carry terms, and often difficult or impossible for them or their lender to agree to any seller concessions toward the buyer’s closing costs.
Since many short sale properties are already listed at prices below what the seller’s lender will finally approve, price concessions are also difficult to negotiate. Even if a price concession is negotiated with the seller, the lender has the final word, and may not approve a short sale based on the negotiated price, even if the negotiated price is at or over the list price.
Short sales offer tremendous buying opportunities for exchangers and other real estate investors, but the extended time period for closing the deal could test the limits of the 180 day replacement period. Experienced exchangers include sufficient conditions in the contract and make an educated
analysis of the time restrictions.
Other Investor / 1031 Exchange Considerations
We can help you with any of the following needs:
- Identifying and contracting with a Qualified Intermediary to handle your exchange
- Insuring that all applicable 1031 Exchange terms and conditions are included in your contracts, on the sell and buy sides
- Help you with property management services, or identifying property management services in your area
- Access to many experienced and proven contractors of all types if your investment property needs work before sale or after purchase
See also: Wikipedia Article on IRC 1031 Exchanges.
Investor / 1031 Exchange Quick Searches
Adams County School District:
Arapahoe County School District:
Aurora School District:
Boulder County School District:
Cherry Creek School District:
Denver School District:
Douglas County School District:
Englewood School District:
Jefferson County School District:
Littleton School District:
Summit County School District:
Teller County School District:
Do you need a new quick search for another Denver Metro area community? Just ask!